Those two little words change everything. You already know whom you’ll say them to. You’ve probably dreamed of how you’ll say them. Now all you have to do is decide where you will say them. Destination weddings are becoming the go-to way to say, “I do.” More and more couples are deciding to forgo the traditional wedding at their family home or church and are taking it to the beach! There are so many factors (and figures) that go into the “perfect wedding” that many brides and grooms find getting out of town and leaving those details to an on-location wedding planner is a less stressful and more beautiful way to complete their nuptials. Here are a few reasons why a getaway wedding might be the best choice for you:
1) Flexibility – A traditional wedding is usually overloaded with times, places & deadlines. A destination wedding allows you the flexibility to make your own decisions based on what you want to do. Although there are some guidelines that you will have to follow regarding times, you will have more opportunity to enjoy your day.
2) Affordability – A destination wedding can save you thousands of dollars on flowers. Use the scenery of the destination to create your backdrop. And many destinations offer beautiful flowers for a fraction of the price because they are seasonal or native to the area where you have the wedding.
3) Convenience – Wedding destination locales are teeming with wedding. Allow your planner to take over the entire planning phase of your wedding or you can entrust just a few of the priorities to them. No matter what you choose, it is always nice to have some help with the details on your big day.
4) Quality Time – Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. Spend your time with those who are closest to you, those who made the trip to take part in your special day.
5) Honeymoon – The destination of your wedding can also be your honeymoon spot. You do not have to waste valuable time traveling again. Your honeymoon will essentially start before your wedding.
6) FUN – No matter where you choose to have your destination wedding, chances are there will be an abundance of fun activities that you and you loved ones can take part in together. Some destination weddings take place at ski resorts while others take place on private islands where you and your loved ones can go snorkeling, boating & hiking. And really, isn’t having fun what this should all be about??? Our personal favorite is the Maui Luau!
A destination wedding can be the vacation of your dreams and you get to share it with your family. What a great way to get the family together, have a great time, and share some happiness as you start your new life as a married couple.
If you’re considering a Maui wedding, let’s chat. Maltese Dreams has everything you need to have the perfect Hawaiian wedding.